Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Busy times


Gabriel started the new daycare this week and so far he is loving it! In fact yesterday Nate and I went to pick him up and it took at least 20 minutes for us to leave and even then he cried in protest. And he even knew we were going to see Gma! And he LOVES to go there. He has been learning the letter "h" this week and is trying to use the potty everyday. No success yet but he's going through the motions.

Ben has started to eat baby food now. As if he's been doing it all of his life already! He ate almost an entire jar of carrots and apples yesterday. He probably could have but we had already used a little bit the day before. And this was all in one meal! Yikes!

Kirsten will be coming home next week on Thursday after her trip up to her Dad's house. She and Sean called me the other day. What a surprise! I was so happy to hear from them. They are having a great time and when they called they were on their way home from an overnight stay on an island. She has pictures on her Myspace I noticed last night.

Nate is trucking away at work in the hot Fresno sun and working four days a week at Whole Foods at night right now. Plus he is studying and doing homework prepping for his schooling coming up next month. He's still loving the Electrician's job so that's great. His neck and face are very tan from being outside so much. I think they pay you so well after five years because by that time you have skin cancer...

I spent yesterday plugging away doing stuff for It's My Heart around town and made a side trip to see my old OB/GYN doctor, Dr. Boehm, since he is retiring after this Thursday. I finally got his autograph on the football and baseball birth announcements. Talk about lucky timing! I will miss him. He's a great guy. He said Thursday he's going to throw back some beers and celebrate. I would to after 40 years of looking at women's hoo haws!

No comments: