Sunday, November 23, 2008

CHD Lobby Day





I hope to be able to go to the CHD Lobby Day in Washington D.C. February 10, 2009 with other fellow CHD families and It's My Heart!! I have been told there is an airline that is offering free tickets. I am hoping to learn more about that tomorrow. :)

We had a great time in Texas for the IMH retreat. It was really tiring though I must say! I can't wait for next year's retreat. Although I only had just met other chapter officers I left feeling as though I had known them forever. I also got to know a Rock Wall pretty well too. I still have the bruises to prove it!! Ouch!!



We are working on some exciting fundraisers for next year and I know that IMH Fresno will be a success before long and helping to support so many families and advocate for CHD.

The boys are doing well. Fighting a cold but nothing too major. Ben's poor little head is so bruised because when he wants something (us) and we don't immediately respond, and I mean immediatel, he bangs his head on the floor. Repeatedly. It's crazy. Sometimes he'll hit a toy, a baseboard, an armoire...you name it!
See what happens when they get mobile?

Sean and Kirsten are doing well. I message Kirsten a couple times a week. I try not to do it too often since it's probably not that cool to IM your Mom all the time. Haha. Sean is hard to catch online and his phone is ALWAYS turned off. I usually have to ask Kirsten how he is!

1 comment:

SteveC said...

It will be great to see you at Lobby Day! Wish I had heard about the possibly free airline tickets, but I got my tickets way early, when the price is usually lower. Either way, I'm satisfied with the price.

If you've never been to Lobby Day, read "Preparing for Washington" on my blog; there's some "inside information" there!

Steve
Adventures of a Funky Heart! blog
http://tricuspid.wordpress.com