Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gma Jean

Gma Jean had a stroke on Halloween night and it has been an emotional few weeks. She is currently in a Hospice home on DNR. The past day she has not awakened at all. Last Saturday the doctor gave her 1-2 weeks to live. I don't think it will be much longer honestly. It is breaking Gpa's heart naturally. They love each other so much. This has put a strain on his and Tina/Glen's relationship as well as my Mom and Tina/Glen. I know this is not what anybody wants especially Gma.
Gma has lived a great life and I love her deeply. Nate and I took the boys a few days ago to see her. She wasn't too responsive that day but did open her eyes at times. She didn't speak at all. I know she knew the boys were there. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how bad was her stroke???My gma had a stroke about 2 years ago and said it was bad enough to where she could not speak. She then took a coyote's jaw bone and rubbed it over her face everyday so that it can help her talk again.(It's an indian or mexican thing) She then started talking and now it is like she never had a stroke..
I hope the best for her and will pray for her.. :D