Saturday, May 23, 2009

The B.O. Episode of Seinfeld

Have you ever seen the episode where Jerry has a valet park his car and when he picks it up later the car smells of B.O. and no matter how many car details he has done the smell just won't leave?

Well today I came out to my car to put Ben in to leave for work. I opened the door and was nearly knocked out by an odor. Not B.O. thankfully but an odor I can only best describe as sour juice and feet. I do a quick scan for leaking sippy cups and do not find any. Unfortunately we had to leave so I eventually got both kids in the car and we headed to daycare with the windows rolled down. The windows rolled down you would have thought would help. I guess so a little bit but the smell was not going away and I believe it was gaining force. By the time we got within blocks of daycare I was gagging.

After I dropped them off I did another quick scan for things that shouldn't be but did not find anything. After I arrived at work I kept the windows down and figured I would tackle this on my break.

On break I took a trash bag and threw out trash and went through everything. I have no idea what is stinky. I even scanned the engine for a dead rodent even though that is not the smell I don't think. Well unless the rodent had been bathing in some sort of sour liquid and then rubbed up against some sweaty man feet. Ugh.
Needless to say I have failed in finding the source. I had to spray with Febreeze and hope for the best.

It is now four days later and you can still faintly smell it. I imagine that after so many days most things would not smell as much as before but it is driving me nuts not knowing what it is/was!

At least the smell is not in my hair...

1 comment:

Misyt said...

Juice and feet. THAT'S how you'd describe the awful smell that looms in my house some afternoons!! Thanks for clearing it up!